Before starting to cook, take time to get everything organized. Take out all the ingredients, wash or rinse items as required, measure ingredients, and pre-heat your oven if needed.
- Cook extra brown rice and quinoa for freezing in zip lock bags or freezer friendly containers. This will save time when a recipe calls for already cooked rice.
- Spend more time preparing recipes on the weekend and always make extra for freezing or plan over.
- Keep track of your pantry, fridge, and freezer staples.
- You can make shortcuts by buying already cooked chicken or fish.
- Keep a shopping list on your fridge and write down items that you need as you use them up.